Proud to say we are not owned by Rupert Murdoch

ALICE'S BUCKET LIST
My Photo
Alice x
Hi, I'm 16 years old and live with my parents and sister in Ulverston (England).
I've been fighting cancer for over 4 years and now I know that the cancer is gaining on me and it doesn't look like I'm going to win this one :( I'm hoping to write in here as much as I can and I'm also going to show my bucket list which I'm trying to get done before I have to go. Hopefully, I'll update as I tick each one off the list :)
View my complete profile

Friday, December 16, 2011

A 17-YEAR-OLD, CONNECTICUT GIRL DISAPPEARS A-MIST A RASH OF STRANGERS TRYING TO TALK TO THE HIGH SCHOOLS STUDENTS WALKING HOME


Edit by I, Praetorian

Belair, Conneticut. Three incidents involving unfamiliar vehicles and children were reported to police last week.
After one of those incidents, the school system issued a message to individual schools as a precation. Police say the three incidents are not related and they do not believe anyone is targeting children in the area.
“Through a two-day period last Thursday and Friday, we had three reports of suspicious vehicles in different neighborhoods that do not appear to be connected whatsoever,” said Monica Worrell, a sheriff's office spokeswoman.
On Dec. 8 a man living in the Cool Springs II neighborhood in Bel Air called police after discussing an unknown vehicle with his neighbors, according to Worrell.
The man had heard from neighbors that two unidentified teenage girls were walking home from the bus in the area of Deer Valley Way and Tobacco Run Road when a man in a vehicle, either a white panel van or a beat-up pick-up truck, stopped and addressed the girls, Worrell said.
The neighbor reported the man in the vehicle asked the girls, "do you want to meet my dog?" according to Worrell.
The neighbor was unsure when the incident took place or who was involved, Worrell said.
In response to the incident, Churchville and Prospect Mill elementary schools sent messages to their school communities, according to Teri Kranefeld, a school system spokeswoman.
"On the advice of the authorities involved and erring on the side of caution, both schools chose to notify their entire school communities in order to increase awareness of the situation," Kranefeld wrote in an email.
The incident was the third of its kind reported within two days.
Before 6:57 a.m., on Dec. 9, a 16-year-old girl was walking to her bus stop near Estates Court in Bel Air, when two men in a white van stopped and asked if she needed a ride, according to police.
Around 3:25 p.m., Dec. 8, a man in a red, four-door car called, "Hey" to a boy walking along Schucks Road, according to police.
The boy walked away and the car left the area. The boy's parents reported the incident the following day.
“At this point, the Harford Count Sheriff’s Office does not believe there is an individual or individuals trying to abduct anyone in the communities described," Worrell said. "But, as always, if you have first hand knowledge of something suspicious in your neighborhood, report it."

No comments:

Post a Comment