Proud to say we are not owned by Rupert Murdoch

ALICE'S BUCKET LIST
My Photo
Alice x
Hi, I'm 16 years old and live with my parents and sister in Ulverston (England).
I've been fighting cancer for over 4 years and now I know that the cancer is gaining on me and it doesn't look like I'm going to win this one :( I'm hoping to write in here as much as I can and I'm also going to show my bucket list which I'm trying to get done before I have to go. Hopefully, I'll update as I tick each one off the list :)
View my complete profile

Friday, July 15, 2011

In response to the Children of the California Foster System

Since I am on a rant, I would like to share with you some of my experiences in the opinions derived from them. With regard to the foster care system as it exists in the school district that I work for and that city, it is simply another source of welfare dollars for people who are otherwise unwilling or unable to work. These so-called foster families have little investment emotionally or otherwise in the constant revolving door and the children that they house. Very often the mistreatment that put these children into foster care in the first place is nearly matched by the consistent neglect of these for-profit foster care companies and the for-profit people that take in these children.

It is a rare foster parent that comes to non-essential functions at the child's school. In fact many of these parents get upset with the child if they are forced to come to the school say to take that child up if he or she were sick. these foster parents are extremely frustrating to the teachers, counselors and administrators at the schools their children go to. Not to mention the fact that most foster care children spend a maximum of eight months, give or take, at any one school because there social worker who of course works for the company moves these children around to best fill their empty bed situations. Once again with little or no forethought to the emotional needs of the child. These children are often from the most hellish family environments where abuse is not just common but it is horrifying in many cases. These are the very children who so desperately need the care and the physical and emotional stability of growing up in one neighborhood with nurturing adults. Stability is often the key word here.

These foster caregivers make there house payment from the monies supplied by the state for the children in foster care. So too, the companies they work for, private for-profit or non – profit with a profit in mind, companies that care more about filling empty beds than the best emotional interests of these children.

No comments:

Post a Comment